Patchwork Quilt from Start to Finish Wednesdays 10 Weeks 7-9pm, Sept. 18th
Patchwork Quilt from Start to Finish
Dates: Wednesdays September 18th - November 20th, 10 weeks
Time: 7:00 - 9:00pm
Cost: $300 (Limit 6)
Teacher: Sarah Evans
If you've ever wanted to make a quilt but didn't know where to begin, we have the class for you. Join expert modern quilter Sarah Evans (see her bio in our “about Us” page) for a 10-week journey into making a Patchwork Quilt from start to finish.
Beginning with fabric selection and cutting, the class will take a deep dive into the quilting process including all the steps, techniques and tips that go into creating an heirloom-quality throw-sized quilt.
Skills Requirement: Comfortable operating a modern sewing machine including threading the needle and threading/winding/changing a bobbin.
- Fabric selection, planning and preparation
- Ruler and rotary cutting techniques
- organizing and piecing
- layering and basting
- line quilting with a domestic sewing machine
- making and applying French fold binding
Supplies Needed: You will need to the following supplies for this class. Students receive 15% off all class supplies purchased from Evanston Stitchworks.
Fabric requirements will be discussed in detail during the first class. Please bring any fabric you'd like to use to the first class.
- 1-1.5 total of various fat quarters or other PRINTED fabric*
- 1 yard solid "neutral" fabric
- .5 yard yards 42” - 44” wide quilting weight cotton fabric for the binding
- 1.5 yards 44" wide quilt batting
- Coordinating 50wt topstitching thread. The studio provides white or off-white thread for piecing.
- Quilting pins
*This is a great way to use some of your favorite scraps!
Recommended Supplies: These items will be available for use in class and for purchase in the shop.
- 45mm rotary cutter
- self-healing cutting mat
- quilting pins
- pin cushion
- seam ripper
- small scissors or snippers
- pencil or marking tool
- Wonder Clips
We Will Provide:
- Modern sewing machine and tools for use in class
- White, off-white or black thread for piecing
Registration and Cancellation**: Please register in advance. Classes with less than 50% enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the instructor within 72 hours of the first class. In this case, a full refund will be given. Full refunds granted up to 2 weeks before first scheduled class. After that, and up to 72 hrs before a scheduled class, cancellations will result in credit toward another class on a stand-by basis. Cancellations within 72hrs or less of a scheduled class are non-refundable/non-transferrable unless the class sells out.
**By registering for this class, you are agreeing to our registration and cancellation policies.
We Also Recommend