Skirt No.1 100 Acts Wednesday May 1 and 8, 6pm-7:30 and 6-9pm
Skirt No. 1: 100 Acts of Sewing (Beginner Sewing Class)*
Date/Time: Wednesday May 1st 6:00-7:30pm, May 8th 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Cost: $70(Limit 6)
From the beach to dinner, the A-Line skirt goes everywhere and with everything. Spend a night with us in the studio and start making a-line skirts out of all of your favorite fabrics. We'll trace the pattern, sew some french seams, encase an elastic waistband and of course hem it all. After you finish your skirt in class, you'll be all set to go home and make them for every day of the week.
What you'll need**:
- it is NOT necessary to bring fabric to the first class. We will discuss fabric requirements on the first day.
- Your own copy of Skirt No. 1 from 100 Acts of Sewing
- Fabric to make your size ) usually 2-2.5 yards 45" wide. When choosing fabric view it on a diagonal—all-over and non-directional prints tend to work best.
- Your favorite cotton or cotton/linen woven fabric. Nothing stretchy. BE SURE TO PRE-WASH, DRY AND IRON YOUR FABRIC.
- 1 yard swedish tracing paper (Pattern Ease)
- Coordinating all-purpose thread
- 1-2 yards non-roll 1" elastic
**Pattern, fabric and all necessary supplies purchased at the shop for this class receive a 15% discount.
- Sewing machines, instruction and all the tools needed to get the job done right.
*Skills Requirement: Must be comfortable with a sewing machine, sewing straight lines, changing direction when sewing and stitching at a moderate speed.
Registration and Cancellation**: Please register in advance. Classes with less than 50% enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the instructor within 72 hours of the first class. In this case, a full refund will be given. Full refunds granted up to 2 weeks before first scheduled class. After that, and up to 72 hrs before a scheduled class, cancellations will result in credit toward another class on a stand-by basis. Cancellations within 72hrs or less of a scheduled class are non-refundable/non-transferrable unless the class sells out.
**By registering for this class, you are agreeing to our registration and cancellation policies.
We Also Recommend