Patchwork Quilt from Start to Finish Wednesdays 10 Weeks 7-9pm, Jan 8 - March 11
Patchwork Quilt from Start to Finish
Dates: Wednesdays January 8th - March 11th, 10 weeks
Time: 7:00 - 9:00pm
Cost: $300 (Limit 6)
Teacher: Sarah Evans
If you've ever wanted to make a quilt but didn't know where to begin, we have the class for you. Join expert modern quilter Sarah Evans (see her bio in our “about Us” page) for a 10-week journey into making a Patchwork Quilt from start to finish.
Beginning with fabric selection and cutting, the class will take a deep dive into the quilting process including all the steps, techniques and tips that go into creating an heirloom-quality throw-sized quilt.
Skills Requirement: Comfortable operating a modern sewing machine including threading the needle and threading/winding/changing a bobbin.
- Fabric selection, planning and preparation
- Ruler and rotary cutting techniques
- organizing and piecing
- layering and basting
- line quilting with a domestic sewing machine
- making and applying French fold binding
Supplies Needed: You will need to the following supplies for this class. Students receive 15% off all class supplies purchased from Evanston Stitchworks.
*Fabric requirements will be discussed in detail during the first class. Do not purchase fabric before the first class.
- 4 - 6 fat quarters of PRINTED fabric*
- 1 yard solid "neutral" fabric
- .5 yard yards 42” - 44” wide quilting weight cotton fabric for the binding
- 1.5 yards 44" wide quilt batting
- Coordinating 50wt topstitching thread. The studio provides white or off-white thread for piecing.
- Quilting pins
Recommended Supplies: These items will be available for use in class and for purchase in the shop.
- 45mm rotary cutter
- self-healing cutting mat
- curved safety pins for quilting
- pin cushion
- seam ripper
- small scissors or snippers
- pencil or marking tool
- Wonder Clips
We Will Provide:
- Modern sewing machine and tools for use in class
- White, off-white or black thread for piecing
Registration and Cancellation**: Please register in advance. Classes with less than 50% enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the instructor within 72 hours of the first class. In this case, a full refund will be given. Full refunds granted up to 2 weeks before first scheduled class. After that, and up to 72 hrs before a scheduled class, cancellations will result in credit toward another class on a stand-by basis. Cancellations within 72hrs or less of a scheduled class are non-refundable/non-transferrable unless the class sells out.
**By registering for this class, you are agreeing to our registration and cancellation policies.
We Also Recommend