Sarah Evans Bind that Quilt! June 24th
Bind that Quilt!
Dates: Sunday, June 24, 2018
Time: 2:00 - 5:00
Cost: $45 (Limit 6)
Teacher: Sarah Evans
Did you take our Class on Quilt Assembly? Do you have a small quilt (no larger than 40”x40”) that is finished except for the binding? This the class for you! Join expert modern quilter Sarah Evans (see her bio in our “about Us” page) for a one day class that will teach you how to calculate, prepare and attach a “french fold” quilt binding to your quilt. At the end of class, you’ll take what you’ve learned and leave with needle in hand to finish binding your quilt!
Skills Requirement: Comfortable operating a modern sewing machine including threading the needle and threading/winding/changing a bobbin.
- Safe use of a rotary cutter and quilt ruler techniques
- Use of a quarter inch quilting foot and walking foot
- How to calculate, make and attach French fold binding
Supplies Needed: You will need to the following supplies for this class. Students receive 15% off all class supplies purchased from Evanston Stitchworks.
- Maximum ½ yard (42” - 44” wide) quilting weight cotton fabric. This will be your binding. It will show on the front and back of the quilt.
- 1 12.5” x 12.5” quilters’ acrylic ruler
- Hand sewing needle. Recommend
- Coordinating 50wt thread
Recommended Supplies: These items will be available for use in class and for purchase in the shop.
- Clover clips
- small scissors or snippers
- hand sewing needle
- pencil or marking tool
- 45mm rotary cutter
- self-healing cutting mat
- light spray starch
- quilting pins (thin glass headed)
- pin cushion
- seam ripper
We Will Provide:
- Modern sewing machine and tools for use in class
Registration and Cancellation**: Please register in advance. Classes with less than 50% enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the instructor within 72 hours of the first class. In this case, a full refund will be given. Full refunds granted up to 2 weeks before first scheduled class. After that, and up to 72 hrs before a scheduled class, cancellations will result in credit toward another class on a stand-by basis. Cancellations within 72 hrs or less of a scheduled class are non-refundable/non-transferable unless the class sells out.
**By registering for this class, you are agreeing to our registration and cancellation policies.
We Also Recommend