Lark or Concord T Sewing with Knits Saturdays June 1 and 8 11:30am-1:30pm
Lark Tee or Concord Tee
Dates: Saturdays June 1 and 8
Time: June 1st, 11:30am - 1:00pm , June 8th 11:00am-1:30pm
If sewing with knits has you doubting, this is the class for you. Find out how easy it really is to make t-shirts out of knit fabric.
Skills Requirement: Must be able to operate a sewing machine including threading, winding/threading a bobbin, sewing a straight line. You’ve sewn 1 or 2 small projects.
Skills Learned: Basic Knit Garment Construction
- Reading a pattern
- Tracing and cutting a pattern
- Using a domestic sewing machine to sew knits
Supplies Needed: Pattern and tracing paper needed for first day. Sewing begins week 2. (Students receive 15% off all class supplies purchased from Evanston Stitchworks.) Fabric selection will be discussed during the first class.
- It is NOT necessary to bring fabric to the first class. Fabric requirements will be discussed on the first day.
- Your own copy of the pattern: The Lark T fits sizes 0-18. The Concord fits sizes 12-28
- To avoid shrinkage, be sure to pre-wash, dry and iron your fabric before sewing
- 1 yard Swedish Tracing paper (available by the 1/2 yard in the shop)
- Coordinating all-purpose thread
- Machines and tools for use in the studio
- White, off-white or black thread for use in class
Recommended Supplies: To be discussed on the first day of class
- Fabric scissors
- Pin cushion
- Seam ripper
- Marking tool or pencil
- Hem guide or clear acrylic ruler at least 12" long
- Tape measure
Registration and Cancellation**: Please register in advance. Classes with less than 50% enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the instructor within 72 hours of the first class. In this case, a full refund will be given. Full refunds granted up to 2 weeks before first scheduled class. After that, and up to 72 hrs before a scheduled class, cancellations will result in credit toward another class on a stand-by basis. Cancellations within 72hrs or less of a scheduled class are non-refundable/non-transferrable unless the class sells out.
**By registering for this class, you are agreeing to our registration and cancellation policies.
We Also Recommend