Pants! Friday Garment Series Starts Feb. 9
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Date: Friday, February 9, 16 and 23
Time: 11am - 1pm
Cost: $65 (Limit 6)
Teacher: Amalia Malos
Friday is for garments. You know I love Sonya Phillip’s 100 Acts of Sewing patterns, so we’re making her pants.
If you’ve never sewn an inseam or encased elastic, this is a great class. Heavy on technique and designed to get you sewing in your own space (that’s how you get better!), we’ll walk through the pattern from beginning to end in a stress-free, fun 3-part class.
This class involves "homework". Don't worry, no grading, but you will need access to a sewing machine and be able to complete some sewing between classes.
Skills Requirement: Must be comfortable with a sewing machine, sewing straight lines, changing direction when sewing, and stitching at a moderate speed.
- Pattern Tracing
- French Seaming
- Edge Stitching
- Elastic Encasement
Required Materials and Supplies: Purchase fabric for this workshop from Evanston Stitchworks at a 15% discount.
- Your own copy of 100Acts of Sewing Pants No. 1 Pattern (It’s a legal thing)
- Reguired fabric yardage according to pattern size. We recommend quilting weight or other lighter woven cotton fabric for this project. No rayon and nothing with stretch.
- Coordinating all purpose thread
We will Provide:
- Pattern Ease Swedish Tracing paper for tracing your pattern (cutting patterns is a no-no!)
- 1” non-twisting elastic for your waistband
- Neutral, white or black thread and the use of a sewing machine and tools while in the studio.
Registration and Cancellation**: Please register in advance. Classes with less than 50% enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the instructor within 72 hours of the first class. In this case, a full refund will be given. Full refunds granted up to 2 weeks before first scheduled class. After that, and up to 72 hrs before a scheduled class, cancellations will result in credit toward another class on a stand-by basis. Cancellations within 72hrs or less of a scheduled class are non-refundable/non-transferrable unless the class sells out, in which case a class credit will be issued.**By registering for this class, you are agreeing to our registration and cancellation policies.
We Also Recommend