Sarah Evans Quilt Block of the Month: Wild Geese July 22nd
Block of the Month: Wild Geese (Advanced Beginner)
Date: Sunday, July 22nd
Time: 2:00 - 5:00pm
Cost: $45 (Limit 6)
Teacher: Sarah Evans
Learn how to make a Two Color Wild Geese Block.
Join expert modern quilter Sarah Evans (see her bio in our “about Us” page) for a one day class focused on a traditional quilting block, the Split Rail Block. Learn how to prepare your fabric, cut with a rotary cutter and quilting ruler, machine piece and press seams. At the end of class you will have one (if not more!) 12.5” block completed.
Skills Requirement: Comfortable operating a modern sewing machine including threading the needle and threading/winding/changing a bobbin.
- Safe use of a rotary cutter and quilt ruler techniques
- Block design and construction
- Use of a quarter inch quilting foot and walking foot
Supplies Needed: You will need to the following supplies for this class. Students receive 15% off all class supplies purchased from Evanston Stitchworks. Fabric will yield four 12.5 (unfinished) blocks.
- 1 yard of 42” - 44” wide quilting weight cotton fabric in a dark value color
- 1 yard yards 42” - 44” wide quilting weight cotton fabric in a light value color
- (1) 12.5” x 12.5” quilters’ acrylic ruler (optional)
- Coordinating 50wt thread
Recommended Supplies: These items will be available for use in class and for purchase in the shop.
- 45mm rotary cutter
- self-healing cutting mat
- light spray starch
- quilting pins (thin glass headed)
- pin cushion
- seam ripper
- small scissors or snippers
- pencil or marking tool
We Will Provide:
- Written instructions for the block.
- Modern sewing machine and tools for use in class
Registration and Cancellation**: Please register in advance. Classes with less than 50% enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the instructor within 72 hours of the first class. In this case, a full refund will be given. Full refunds granted up to 2 weeks before first scheduled class. After that, and up to 72 hrs before a scheduled class, cancellations will result in credit toward another class on a stand-by basis. Cancellations within 72hrs or less of a scheduled class are non-refundable/non-transferrable unless the class sells out.
**By registering for this class, you are agreeing to our registration and cancellation policies.
We Also Recommend