Zipper Pillow--Beginner Workshop Wednesday, April 25th, 6-9pm
Wednesday, April 25th
Yep, that zipper pillow. There's a reason it's a popular project--it's so useful! We'll find the grainline of our fabric, practice sewing a straight line and (gulp) insert a zipper! After you've made one, you'll never have to buy one ever again. Never. Ever.
Makes 1 approximately 17" square pillow.
- 3 hour class
- Beginner machine sewing classes assume that you have basic familiarity with a sewing machine to include threading, winding a bobbin and sewing a straight line. The Learn To Sew 75 minute class is recommended for brand new sewers.
- Use our machines or bring your own.
- Includes one 15-class bobbin.
Please bring to class the following materials:**
- One 18" Pillow Insert (optional)
- 3/4 to 1 Yard Light to Medium-Weight Upholstery Fabric or Canvas. Woven fabrics only, nothing sretchy, please.
- 1 Coordinating 14" All-Purpose Zipper (NOT heavy-duty, invisible or metal)
- Coordinating all-purpose thread
We supply the tools, sewing machine and know-how to complete the project.
*Purchase your fabric and supplies for the class at Evanston Stitchworks and receive a 15% discount off of your purchase. Please make purchases at least 15 minutes before the class is scheduled to begin. Thanks!
More sources for fabric, zippers and pillow inserts: Vogue Fabrics, Calico Corners (no zippers), Jo Ann’s
** Please read our Policies page to learn about cancellations and make-ups. By registering, you are agreeing to our policies.
We Also Recommend