Sewing with Knits: Lark Tee (Intermediate) Oct. 25 and Nov. 1
Dates: 2 Sessions, Wednesday Evenings Sept. 25 and Nov. 1
Time: 7:00 - 8:30/9:00pm
Cost: $50 (Limit 5)
Tee-shirts, skirts, kid's clothes--all great projects for knit fabric. But handling knit fabric can sometimes be tricky. We'll take the mystery out of knits and have you on your way to sewing all the fun garments that call for stretchy fabric. This garment class will be sewn entirely in the studio--no homework!
Skills Requirement: Must have sewn at least one complete garment with woven fabric and bias binding/facing.
Skills Learned: Sewing with Knit Fabric
- Reading a pattern
- Tracing and cutting a pattern
- Sewing with a Walking Foot
- Sewing with Knit Fabric
- Hemming Knit Fabric
- Applying Neck Binding
- Overcast Stitching and Seaming
Supplies Needed: You will need to bring the following supplies to the first class session. (Students receive 15% off all class supplies purchased from Evanston Stitchworks.)
- Your own copy of the pattern: Lark Tee: Grainline Studio (it’s a legal thing)
- 1.25-3 yards knit cotton fabric (44-45” wide), depending on sleeve length and size
- Coordinating all-purpose thread
- Machines and tools for use in the studio
- Swedish tracing paper to trace your pattern
- White, off-white or black thread for use in class
Registration and Cancellation**: Please register in advance. Classes with less than 50% enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the instructor within 72 hours of the first class. In this case, a full refund will be given. Full refunds granted up to 2 weeks before first scheduled class. After that, and up to 72 hrs before a scheduled class, cancellations will result in credit toward another class on a stand-by basis. Cancellations within 72hrs or less of a scheduled class are non-refundable/non-transferrable unless the class sells out.
**By registering for this class, you are agreeing to our registration and cancellation policies.
We Also Recommend