Shirt No. 1 Fridays October 5th and 12th
Shirt No. 1: 100 Acts of Sewing (Beginner Sewing Class)
Dates: 2 Sessions, Friday October 5th and 12th
Time: 11:00am - 1:00/1:30pm
A great way to break into garment sewing. 100 Acts of Sewing’s patterns are well-written, easy to follow and stylish! We’ll make a basic T-shirt with woven fabric in this 2- part class. We’ll begin the pattern on the first day, work on it during the week at home, and finish up in the last class.
Skills Requirement: Must be able to operate a sewing machine including threading, winding/threading a bobbin, sewing a straight line. You’ve sewn 1 or 2 small projects.
- Reading a pattern
- Tracing and cutting a pattern
- French seaming
- Making bias tape and applying bias binding
- Techniques for making and applying external pockets
Supplies Needed: You will need to bring the following supplies to the first class session. (Students receive 15% off all class supplies purchased from Evanston Stitchworks.)
- Your own copy of the pattern: Shirt No. 1 100 Acts of Sewing (it’s a legal thing)
- 2 - 2.5 yards of woven cotton fabric (44-45” wide), depending on size
- 1 yard Swedish Tracing Paper (available by the 1/2 yard in the shop)
- Coordinating all-purpose thread
- Machines and tools for use in the studio
- White, off-white or black thread for use in class
Recommended Supplies: To be discussed on the first day of class
- Fabric scissors
- Pin cushion
- Seam ripper
- Marking tool or pencil
- Hem guide
- Tape measure
- 6” x 24” Clear acrylic quilting ruler
Registration and Cancellation**: Please register in advance. Classes with less than 50% enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the instructor within 72 hours of the first class. In this case, a full refund will be given. Full refunds granted up to 2 weeks before first scheduled class. After that, and up to 72 hrs before a scheduled class, cancellations will result in credit toward another class on a stand-by basis. Cancellations within 72hrs or less of a scheduled class are non-refundable/non-transferrable unless the class sells out.
**By registering for this class, you are agreeing to our registration and cancellation policies.
We Also Recommend