Socks! Intermediate Knitting Class Oct. 18, 25 and Nov. 1st
Socks! Intermediate Knitting Class
Dates: 3 Thursday Evenings, October 18th, 25nd and November 1st
Teacher: Alice Swan
Take your knitting to the next level! Join instructor Alice Swan (see her bio in the “About Us” page) us for three Thursday evenings as we walk you through top-down sock construction from cast-on, to seamless toe finishing. We'll cast on together and begin the cuff on double pointed needles--you'll knot as far as you can that first week. The second week will cover turning the heel. The final week will cover seamless toe finishing with the Kitchener stitch. Follow along and make one sock or knit quickly to make a pair.
Skills Requirement: Comfortable casting on, and with knit and purl stitches.
- Circular knitting!
- Turning a heel
- Troubleshooting - dropped stitches, twisted stitches
- Kichener stitch toe finish
- Weaving in ends
Supplies Needed: You will need to bring the following supplies to the first class session. (Students receive 15% off all class supplies purchased from Evanston Stitchworks.)
- One 100-gram skeins (400 yards) fingering weight sock yarn.
- Size 2 or 3 double pointed needles (will vary according to your yarn weight)
- Yarn needle
- Crochet hook (recommended)
We Will Provide:
- Guidance and expertise in working through the pattern to make a beautiful hat and optional pompom. This includes all the tips and techniques to make the project a success. Could be this year's go-to hand made gift!
Registration and Cancellation**: Please register in advance. Classes with less than 50% enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the instructor within 72 hours of the first class. In this case, a full refund will be given. Full refunds granted up to 2 weeks before first scheduled class. After that, and up to 72 hrs before a scheduled class, cancellations will result in credit toward another class on a stand-by basis. Cancellations within 72hrs or less of a scheduled class are non-refundable/non-transferrable unless the class sells out.
**By registering for this class, you are agreeing to our registration and cancellation policies.
We Also Recommend