Ultimate Zipper Pouch Saturday January 19th 1:30-4:30pm
Lined Zipper Pouch
Skill Level: Intermediate Class
Date: Saturday January 19th
Cost: $55 includes some materials
Teacher: Bill Keller
It's an item that we all use, and you can never have too many. Learn to make them for yourself or as gifts for your friends and loved ones. We'll apply interfacing, make a lined pouch and install a metal zip. You'll be surprised at how easy it really is!
Makes one approximately 8"h x 11"w lined zipper pouch with tabbed metal zipper.
Skills Requirement: Must be comfortable with a sewing machine, sewing straight lines, changing direction when sewing. Best to have sewn a few projects.
- How to make a zipper pouch of any size depending on the size of the zipper.
- Addresses squaring fabric for pattern placement
- Applying fusible interfacing
- Lined bag construction
- Zipper installation
Required Materials and Supplies: Purchase fabric for this workshop from Evanston Stitchworks at a 15% discount.
- 1/2 yard light to mid-weight woven cotton fabric--quilting to decor weight cotton/linen are perfect.
- 1/2 yard lining fabric (We recommend Essex Linen)
- Coordinating thread, if desired. We always supply white, off-white or black thread for your projects, but please bring your own if you would like a closer match.
*This class includes a $5 Materials Fee that covers a swanky metal zip, tabs to put on the zipper tape and fusible fleece.
We will Provide:
- Pattern and instruction to make the project a success
- Neutral thread and the use of a sewing machine and tools.
*Purchase fabric for this workshop from Evanston Stitchworks at a 15% discount.
Registration and Cancellation**: Please register in advance. Classes with less than 50% enrollment may be cancelled at the discretion of the instructor within 72 hours of the first class. In this case, a full refund will be given. Full refunds granted up to 2 weeks before first scheduled class. After that, and up to 72 hrs before a scheduled class, cancellations will result in credit toward another class on a stand-by basis. Cancellations within 72hrs or less of a scheduled class are non-refundable/non-transferrable unless the class sells out, in which case a class credit will be issued.
**By registering for this class, you are agreeing to our registration and cancellation policies.
We Also Recommend